If Andrew Bolt’s running for Parliament, I better move down to the seat of Higgins, because let’s face it, we need men (or women) like him in Parliament, representing the views of a fair few people and helping to re-energise the Liberal Party with fresh blood.
Andrew Bolt would certainly be a great asset to the Liberals, for a few reasons:
- He’s got a good head on his shoulders;
- He represents a view that has been lost to the Liberals over the past 4 years;
- He keeps himself informed;
- He has pretty good research skills;
- He doesn’t swallow bullshit easily;
- He has a high public profile: “Love him or hate him, you all know him”;
- He has a good sense of humour;
- He has media contacts; and
- He can speak WeaselTalk.
And if this is an April Fool’s Day joke, it’s a bloody good one!