Via – where else – The Corner, some seriously scary shit!
Here are the top nine predictions:
“1. The Dow will go below 10,500 led by a collapse in consumer discretionary stocks.
2. The 10-year note yields below 3%.
3. The problems in the U.S. banking sector won’t be solved by a government-sponsored program. It will only shine more light on the problems.
4. The Fed’s continued panic-easing will only exacerbate our problems, as Bernanke’s creation of real negative interest rates takes hold, laying the groundwork for more problems.
5. Inflation will rear its ugly head, making the term “stagflation” in vogue again.
6. Most economists will capitulate and admit we are in a recession by March.
7. Obama-Clinton ticket for Dems.
8. McCain-Huckabee for Republicans.
9. The Dems will win a landslide receiving a popular vote not seen since Johnson’s victory against Goldwater.”
Remember, these hedge fund guys have, like three sigma – one-in-a-thousand – IQ’s, and are paid, or not, depending on whether they get stuff like this right. Stock market meltdown, banking crisis, deep recession, stagflation, and an Obama-Clinton administration?!
I can’t take four years of Shrill Hill hectoring me because I’m a white male who happens to enjoy being a white male and doesn’t feel the least bit guilty about it.
Spot, I’m not kidding. Hook me up with a nice girl down there. Preferably before November. Yes, that’s right: I’ll take Kevni over Vice President Hillary Clinton anytime.
It would be four years of this:
Veep Hill on TV: “Screech, screech, screech, screech, screech!”
Beef (Yelling impotently at Boob Tube): “Shut the fuck! I don’t care if you shut the fuck up or shut the fuck down, but it’s exactly the fuck that you need to shut!!!”